Introduction to Aquaculture
About this course: Aquaculture is the farming of aquatic animals and is an extremely important industry for food production, recreational fishing, and conservation. This course covers the theory and practice of aquaculture techniques used in growing different aquatic animal species in a variety of systems.
The course focuses on the basics of aquatic animal husbandry, a diversity of aquaculture systems, and the state of the aquaculture industry. Topics include the need for the industry as compared to fisheries, species of importance in aquaculture, system development, and sustainability.
Microcredential granted upon completion.
Other courses include
- Water Quality Management in Aquaculture
- Fish Reproduction and Nutrition
- Biosecurity Practices in Aquaculture
- Aquatic Animal Disease and Health Management- Registering in Fall 2022
- Data management and sampling in Aquaculture (Aquaculture Center-based course)
- Marine Biological Process
- Marine Aquarium Science
- Apprenticeship in Aquaculture (Aquaculture Center-based course)
Contact Elisa Livengood to learn more.
We design training programs in aquaculture, as well.
Request More Information
* Indicates required field