The Tutoring Center is able to provide its NightOWL online tutoring through Morrisville’s membership in the STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York) Consortium. In addition to Morrisville, numerous other SUNY colleges belong to STAR-NY. These member campuses hire tutors who can help students enrolled at any of the participating campuses.
NightOWL for Spring 2022 will be available 7p.m. to midnight Sundays through Thursdays from Sunday, January 30, through Thursday, May 12 for the following subjects:
- ACCT through 300-level courses
- BIOL through 151
- CHEM through 142
- CHEM 241 & 242
- ECON 100 & 140
- Math through 161, including statistics courses
- NURS 120 and 150 and med math/dosage calculations
- PHYS through 128
- PSYC 101 and 103
- Writing assignments for any classes through master’s level (except foreign language courses)
Instructions For Working With A NightOWL Tutor
- Open an updated version of a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (do NOT use Internet Explorer) to log into the STAR-NY tutoring site.
- Click on the "Tutor Request" link to read and agree to the consent information and to follow the prompts to set up your account on the platform.
- Select the room for the subject with which you would like assistance. Students are helped one-on-one in the order that they log in to the tutoring platform. If a student is already working with the tutor(s), other students will be held in a virtual “waiting room.” When the previous student’s session is finished, you will be taken into the tutor’s room. Sessions are limited to 60 minutes.