Impact Area: SUNY Morrisville (Morrisville campus, Norwich campus, EOC)
General Subject Area: Financial, HR/Labor Relations
Specific Subject Area: Tuition Reimbursement
Author: Human Resources
The entire SUNY policy on Tuition and Fee Assistance for Employees
The B-140W Application for Tuition and Fee Assistance
Reminders and Updates regarding the SUNY B-140w Tuition Assistance Process
- Coursework must be approved as part of a training program for improved performance and be directly related to the employee's current position and the course in which registration is desired.
- Support is not guaranteed and amounts may be scaled down in order to meet campus budgetary constraints.
- Employees enrolled in courses which bear NO relationship to either the employee's current job or a job the employee can reasonably be expected to assume in the future are not eligible for support at any level unless those courses are part of a job-related training program.
- All job-related courses of instruction must be undertaken after hours, while in a leave status, or on the basis of an adjusted work schedule.
Approval and reimbursement process:
- Application for reimbursement must be submitted to the employing campus prior to registering for the course or courses for which reimbursement is being requested. Approval from the appropriate supervisor, Human Resources and the Finance office must be obtained before registration.
- The value of reimbursement will be determined after all requests are received and will be valued between 0- 50% of the total tuition.
- The applicant must submit a Form B-140W, Application for Tuition and Fee Assistance, approved by the employing campus when registering for the course.
- Payment for reimbursement will be directly to the employee after they have followed the request for reimbursement process and submit proof of a passing grade to the Human Resources Office.
Applications are due by August 15 for the Fall Semester and January 15 for the Spring semester, with expected reimbursement by four weeks after proof of passing grade is submitted to the Human Resources Office.