Circulation services for the SUNY Morrisville community and local residents include:
- Circulation of library materials (loans, renewals, returns, holds). Morrisville students and faculty/staff must present a valid SUNY Morrisville ID card to borrow library materials. Community members must present a picture id, preferably a valid driver's license, and proof of current address.
- Morrisville students and faculty/staff can use their Morrisville user name and password to log in to their My Library Account to renew checked out materials or place holds. Community users must call (315 684-6949) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the loan expiration date to renew items.
- Course reserves
- Group Study room reservations
- Computer and technology equipment loans (only for Morrisville students, faculty, and staff)
Maximum Number of Borrowed Items
- Full and part-time Morrisville students - a total of 10 items
- Certificate program participants and students from other SUNY campuses - a total of 10 items
- Morrisville faculty and staff - a total of 25 items
- Community members - a total of 10 items
Loan periods for materials vary according to the type of material, the collection the item is part of, and patron category, as well as when in the semester the item is checked out. Below are some general guidelines:
- In-library use only materials include
- Rare Books, Archival and Special Collections
- Course Reserves
- Reference materials
- Laptop and cell phone power cords
- Loans restricted to SUNY Morrisville students, faculty, and staff
- External DVD player
- Loan periods for students and community borrowers
- General Collection Books - 21 days
- DVDs and VHS tapes - 7 days
- Loan periods for faculty and staff
- General Collection Books - 180 days
- DVDs and VHS tapes - 7 days
- Periodicals (journals, magazines, newspapers, etc.) - flexible loan periods determined at checkout
- End of semester and between semester loans
- Items checked out 3 weeks or less before the end of the semester are due on the last day of classes
- Items checked out on the last day of classes are due on the last day of finals
- Items checked out during finals will be due on the first day of classes of the subsequent semester
- Items checked out between semesters are due on the first day of classes of the subsequent semester
Fines and Consequences of Unreturned Library Materials
While the Library does not charge fines for materials that are returned after their due date, students who have not returned Library materials by the end of the semester in which items were checked out will receive a bill to cover replacement and processing costs. Students who do not return or pay for unreturned materials will not be able to obtain their official college transcript from the registrar's office.
If, after paying for unreturned materials, a student finds the book or DVD and returns it to the Library within one year of their payment, the amount paid in replacement and processing costs will be refunded.
Faculty and staff members may call into the Circulation Desk to renew books for up to a two year loan period. At the beginning of the third year, the faculty or staff member must bring the borrowed item to the Library Circulation Desk for renewal or they will be charged replacement and processing costs for unreturned materials.
Community members who do not return materials will be blocked from checking out any Library materials until the items are returned or paid for.