In this exciting time of growth in global opportunity, small and large agricultural businesses in the U.S. have one thing in common: They are all competing for growing local, regional and international markets.
In our agricultural business development Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) program, you will combine a knowledge of production agriculture with business and management skills, and be prepared to lead consumer-based businesses related to agriculture and food production.
In our full-semester internship, you will put all your skills and course learning together through supervised fieldwork in a selected agriculture business or agriculture service organization.
As a graduate of our program, your unique combination of skills and experience in production, marketing and management will set you on a track to owning or managing a wide range of agricultural businesses.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Create and successfully operate their own agricultural enterprise
- Seek financing and maintain positive relationships with creditors and financial institutions
- Identify market opportunities and successfully utilize the opportunities to improve profitability
- Form, create and maintain effective relationships with the non-agriculture community
- Develop, manage and maintain and effective interpersonal skills in the corporate and family business setting
- Question, investigate, analyze, evaluate, and communicate in agribusiness
- Interact with peers toward the accomplishment of effectively collaborating with agribusiness peers
- Adapt to a constantly changing agribusiness environment, and identify realistic goals and inventions for short- and long-term business planning
- Assess the range of one’s abilities, accept responsibility for setting realistic goals, and implement a plan for personal and professional well-being
Interested in a minor? Check out our Cannabis Industry and Agricultural Human Resource Management minors.
Partnering with Nelson Farms provides our students with real-world experience in value-added agriculture and product development. Student-created products are sold in their store and across the New York State Thruway via TasteNY.