Lock in a career.
The Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in criminal justice at the SUNY Morrisville Norwich Campus will have you prepared and trained to become an effective professional in safety, security and the criminal justice system.
Courses in policing, corrections, investigation, criminal law and the judicial system, as well as liberal arts and sciences, fulfill educational needs to become knowledgeable criminal justice personnel. Investigative procedures including fingerprinting, crime scene management, evidence collection, and use of law enforcement and correctional equipment are part of hands-on training right on campus.
After completing the program, you will be prepared to enter the fields of municipal and state police, county sheriff’s departments, New York State Department of Corrections, the court system, corporate security, criminal investigation and more.
You also have the option to continue your studies through the Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) degree program in criminal justice offered on the SUNY Morrisville campus.
Our partners include state, county and municipal law enforcement agencies including but not limited to:
- Delaware Chenango Madison Otsego BOCES
- Chenango County Sheriff’s Office
- Police Department - Town & Village of Greene, NY
- Troop C | New York State Police
- Norwich New York Police Department
- Police Department - Town of New Berlin, NY
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively document investigations, incidents, and other information consistent with the nationally recognized legal criteria
- Identify, collect, and preserve evidence according to standard police practice utilizing traditional, current, and technological methods in a manner that is mutually beneficial to all of the stakeholders in the criminal justice system
- Apply penal and criminal procedure laws in a law enforcement context