Your future’s so bright, you’re seeing green.
As a student in the SUNY Morrisville Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree program in renewable energy technology, your two years of hands-on learning can mean a fulfilling career in the latest energy technologies.
The program stresses learning by doing, and you will follow up lectures with lab work that applies concepts to actual practice.
You will take classes that prepare you to install, operate, troubleshoot and maintain a broad array of renewable energy systems, including grid-tied solar photovoltaic, solar thermal, wind, heat pump, micro hydroelectric and bioenergy systems. The list of required courses can be found in the college catalog and the typical schedule of classes is provided as a PDF under the Related Resources menu tab.
The SUNY Morrisville campus will serve as your first real-world work setting. You will learn using full-scale system components in our distinctive facilities, including our new Agricultural and Clean Energy Technology (ACET) Center featuring state-of-the-art wind, solar, hydro, biofuels, thermal energy and tower climbing labs, as well as on-campus outdoor climbing towers, operating wind turbines and solar arrays, and bioenergy crop plantations.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to enter the job market as an entry-level installer, operator, or maintenance technician for renewable energy technologies, while joining an emerging workforce backed by dedicated efforts at the state and federal level to create a cleaner energy system for future generations.
Should you choose to continue your studies, you can transfer seamlessly into our Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) degree program in renewable energy.
Enhance your college experience through the Outdoor Recreation Club (ORC), which provides a variety of fun and adventurous outdoor recreational activities.
Show Content For
An Apple computer is not recommended, as it will not run several software packages.
Minimum Device Requirements for this Program
- Operating System: 64-bit Windows 11 or 10 version 1809 or above
- Processor: 2.5 GHz (3+ GHz recommended), ARM processors not supported
- Memory: 16 GB (32+ GB recommended)
- Disk space: 10.0 GB
- Display: 1920 x 1080 resolution with True Color
- 6+ GB graphics card with 8+ GM recommended 2 GB minimum, dedicated graphics cards are typically better
- External mouse with scroll wheel
- Video: SVGA or higher (recommend resolution of 1920 x 1080 or higher). Support for DirectX 11 or OpenGL 2.0 (recommend minimum of 1 GB Video Memory)
- Software: Microsoft Office 365
Top Job Titles for this Program
These are the job titles you are most likely to see listings for, when graduating from this program.
- Solar Technician
- Wind Technician
- Telecommunications Technician/Analyst
- Geothermal Technician/Installer
- Technician/Installer Technician